UGA-Tifton Students Awarded at AFGC
UGA Tifton was well represented at the 2022 American Forage and Grassland Council’s Annual Conference (AFGC). All three students representing the University of Georgia placed in the Emerging Scientist competition.
- Justin Burt, Animal and Dairy Science PhD Candidate under the direction of Dr. Jennifer Tucker, won first place in the oral competition.
- Nicholas Shay, Crop and Soil Science MS Student under the direction of Dr. Lisa Baxter, won second place in the oral competition.
- Kendall Whatley, Animal and Dairy Science MS Student under the direction of Dr. Jennifer Tucker, won first place in the poster competition.
The Emerging Scientist Competition is a very competitive program. Participants must be nominated and selected by the Emerging Scientist Committee before they are invited to the annual conference to present their research.
Pictured (left to right): Dr. Lisa Baxter (Assistant Professor in CRSS), Nicholas Shay (MS Student in CRSS), Justin Burt (PhD Candidate in ADS), Kendall Whatley (MS Student in ADS), and Dr. Jennifer Tucker (Associate Professor in ADS).
CRSS Students Excel at Beltwide Cotton Conference
Students from several different areas of research brought home awards from the 2022 Beltwide Cotton Conferences held at the Marriott Rivercenter Hotel in San Antonio, Texas.
Agronomy, Physiology and Soils Conference
- 3rd place MS Poster – Devendra Chalise (Dr. Snider)
- 2nd place MS Talk – Josh Lee (Dr. Snider)
- 3rd place PhD Poster – Gurpreet Virk (Dr. Snider)
- 3rd place PhD Talk – Gurpreet Virk (Dr. Snider)
- 3rd place Undergraduate Poster – Montana Hall (Dr. Hand)
Weed Science Conference
- 2nd place PhD Talk – Taylor Randell (Dr. Culpepper)
- 1st place PhD Poster – Kaylyn Groce (Dr. Porter)
- 2nd place MS Poster – Madison Harkins (Dr. Liu)
Cotton Engineering Conference
- 2nd place MS Talk – Luke Fuhrer (Dr. Porter)
Main Office: 706-542-2461
Miller Plant Sciences Building
120 Carlton Street
Athens GA 30602