Dual MS in Crop and Soil Sciences
The UGA Department of Crop and Soil Sciences and the University of Padova Department of Agronomy, Food, Natural Resources, Animals and Environment (UNIPD-DAFNAE) offer this dual degree program.
For UGA students, this program is housed within the master's degree in crop and soil sciences program. Students at UGA who wish to obtain the dual degree must enroll in the master's degree in crop and soil sciences program and select an area of emphasis in sustainable agriculture. To participate in the dual degree program, students must be admitted to both institutions. Upon successful completion of the dual degree program, students will be awarded master's degrees by UGA and UNIPD.
Students beginning the dual degree program at UGA must enroll in courses at UGA during their first year, then enroll in courses and conduct research at UNIPD their second year. Students beginning at UNIPD must enroll in courses at UNIPD their first year, then enroll in courses and conduct research at UGA their second year. All courses at UNIPD are taught in English.
Most UGA students participating in the dual degree program will receive financial aid during their first year in the form of an assistantship.
- Master's degree in crop and soil science from UGA
- Master's degree in sustainable agriculture from UNIPD
Dual Degree Impact
A dual master's degree student in UGA CAES and the University of Padova (Italy), Alexandra Lugo-Arroyo plans to pursue her Ph.D. and start a sustainable agriculture business in her home of Puerto Rico.
- Building a Prototype for Nitrogen Variable Rate Application in Durum Wheat - Dual-degree student Aaron Bruce discusses his studies at UNIPD (Padova, Italy)
- UGA-Padova Dual Master's Program: Logan Moore & Aaron Bruce
Admission Requirements for both M.S. and Ph.D. programs:
- Transcripts in English
- Letter of intent (Statement of Purpose)
- 3 Letters of Reference
- GPA > 3.0 for M.S. students
- GPA > 3.5 for Ph.D. students
- TOEFL or IELTS scores for international applicants
- Minimum TOEFL score requirement: overall score of 80 with at least 20 on speaking and writing
- Minimum IELTS score requirement: overall band-width of 6.5, with no single band (score) below 6.0.
- Ph.D. applicants must have an M.S.